15-Day Book Blogger Challenge:
By Zara D. Garcia-Alvarez / @ZaraAlexis
My Blogging Quirks
I’m kind of quirky to begin with…or maybe it’s “cooky,”—nevertheless, quirks are a familiar topic in my world. In terms of blogging, here are a few of my quirks:
1. If I can create an avatar of myself in almost every avatar application that exists, then I will.
2. I’m a blogging meme-queen.
If I find a fun blog meme online, I participate in it. Period.
3. I create a blogging schedule for myself—and then 80% of the time, break it.
I have a hardcopy agenda book, an online calendar, a desk calendar, and a wall calendar—but it just doesn’t seem to matter.
4. I’m addicted to creating blog buttons—but only 2% of them show up on my blog.
5. I don’t read books as fast as I would like—or write their corresponding reviews as fast either.
Every time I begin a new book, I aspire to read it as fast as I can and then, slowly, but surely, other things get in the way of me finishing the book according to schedule. I try to shrug it off and simply enjoy the process of reading, but guilt grows like a fungus when my schedule gets all mucked up.
6. I try to take my camera with me everywhere I go, just in case I get a great shot for my blog.
My second love to books is my love for photography and my old Canon SX10IS. If I could only afford the Nikon D800!
7. Creating a new blog is much like a pregnancy: it takes a good nine months for it to really come into community. I currently have three blog babies: The Bibliotaphe Closet, Zara’s Makeup Box, and The Branch that Clings to the Vine—as if having one isn’t enough.
8. I don’t like writing my reviews unless I have a cup of coffee on hand.
I’m not sure if I’m addicted to coffee or if I’m addicted to the act of drinking coffee. Either way, I can’t—absolutely can’t—write a review unless I have a cup of coffee with me. No coffee, no review. It’s just that simple (or quirky).
9. Meeting authors (which is great in itself, as well as creating content for my blog) really makes me nervous and actually freaks me out.
In attendance to my very first Random House of Canada Blogger Fest, I was privileged to meet Paula Mclain, Erin Morgenstern, and Ami McKay. I talked a lot and rapidly, both signs of my nervousness (and glee).
10. For each new book that I add to my personal collection, I have a very specific routine: 1. I post about it on my “Stuffing the Bibliotaphe Closet” meme. 2. I add it to my library on Goodreads 3. I add it to my TBR pile 4. I don’t usually get to it because another book distracts me.
To see the rest of the 15-Day Book Blogger Daily Challenges, you can visit here.
What are some of your blogging quirks as a blogger, if you are one?