Waiting on Wednesday
By Zara D. Garcia-Alvarez / @ZaraAlexis
It’s now June and with it, for me, comes a slew of events that keep me not only busy, but also a little on edge with the necessity of waiting. June. While others prepare for a summer of rest and relaxation, I’m carefully marking my calendar with precision in order to make most of the time allotted me in thirty days. It’s not much when you’re waiting for:
a winning prize box full of nail polish in the mail
- plans to pan out for your son’s P.D. Day
- a special M.A.C. sale event date with your sister
- Swim to Survive lessons to end
- RSVP notifications to arrive for your son’s 9th birthday LEGO party
- an in-law’s family wedding to arrive, pass, and prove your ability to survive the size of family politic and the heels of your own shoes
- Father’s Day retail discounts so your husband is not stuck with yet again another useless tie, a duplicate wallet, or over-expensive watch
- the ETA of your parents at Toronto Pearson International after their two-month trip in the tropics
- the official first day of summer so you can legally wear white and open-toe sandals
- the celebration of your only nephew’s 2nd birthday
- the dangers of Play Day to include sunburn and a potential Freezie overdose
- the ramifications of your child’s report card
- and lastly, the last day of school
And what’s the best way to appease me aside from a rich cup of coffee? Books, of course.
Here are the upcoming titles I’m biting my fingernails for:
The Spy Who Loved: The Secrets and Lives of Christine Granville by Clare Mully, available June 10.
Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan, available June 10.
What are you anxiously waiting for this week?