The Bibliotaphe Closet in Hiatus!
And Intro to The Branch that Clings to the Vine…
By Zara D. Garcia / @ZaraAlexis
Unfortunately, the past month since the middle of March has brought crisis upon crisis on my family. It happens. Life happens. And because of our innate vulnerability, life doesn’t wait around for pleas of exemption or special consideration. (And for some reason, this also seems to plague the best of us who also happen to passionately host blogs!)
This past month, crisis upon crisis consecutively attacked my family in the following ways:
- I suffered a number of undiagnosed migraines that included severe nausea and vomiting, which led to my hospitalization.
- The investigation of my migraines brought on three back surgeries (two that had failed) that led to a month of slow and painful recovery.
- My son and daughter fell ill at the same time that led to a week of antibiotics and absence from school.
- My 1-and-a-half-year-old nephew was hospitalized with pneumonia, which led to two hospital transfers.
- My father, mother, brother, and sister all fell ill at the same time, of which they are still fighting to recover.
- And my uncle, my mother’s brother, of whom we’re so close, passed away two days ago, on April 13.
And so, while my family and I have suffered a long bout of illness, it must also now endure personal grief.
I am, however, grateful that out of this suffering, I have been blessed with an opportunity for the renewal of my personal faith. Crisis can do that. It can also open your eyes to a new form of gratefulness especially in light of things you may have easily taken for granted in the past.
Because of this, I’m happy to announce the creation of my new, Christian blog called, The Branch that Clings to the Vine!
Its title is based on the biblical verse:
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” – John 15:5 (NIV)
If you’re interested, I’d love for you to give it a look and also follow me there!
That said, I’m also excited to be able to return to the work associated with my blog, The Bibliotaphe Closet!
But, in light of my health, and my current circumstances, and the addition of a new blog; while I plan on posting articles on The Bibliotaphe Closet, I have realistically decided that I will no longer post articles on my book blog on a daily basis as done previously. My priority is to not only begin managing a healthier lifestyle, as well as two different blogs, but to also catch up on my reading and reviews.
As fellow bibliotaphes and faithful followers of my blog, I kindly ask for your patience (and prayers) to ensure these plans become a success!
And as a kind reminder, today is also the announcement to Pulitzer Prize winners at 3:00 p.m. ET. I look forward to receiving and sharing the news with you!