2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
By Zara D. Garcia-Alvarez / @ZaraAlexis
This will be my first time joining a TBR Pile Reading Challenge so it really will be a New Year for me!
If you’re a book blogger like myself, you most likely already have a To-Be-Read/Reviewed (TBR) Pile collecting more than dust—yes, that’s right—it’s most likely collecting more books!
I have quite a pile that still continues to grow, so I’m hoping to chisel it down and work towards reading some great titles that I can review for my faithful readers.
And why not use those towards winning some great prizes, too? The 2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge will allow me to do just that!
Here’s my current TBR pile (and with a month left to go until the end of the year, I’m hoping to finish some titles before 2013):
- Silent House by Orhan Pamuk
- Dust City by Robert Paul Weston
- The Earthquake Machine by Mary Pauline Lowry
- Interrupted by Rachel Coker
- Waiting for the Monsoon by Threes Anna
- Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson
- Absolution by Patrick Flanery
- Touch by Alexi Zentner
- Magnified World by Grace O’Connell
- Above All Things by Tanis Rideout
- We Are Not in Pakistan by Shauna Singh Baldwin
- Battleborn Claire Vaye Watkins
- 13 by Kelley Armstrong
- A World Elsewhere by Wayne Johnston
- The Stranger’s Child by Alan Hollinghurst
- The World by Bill Gaston
- The Selector of Souls by Shauna Singh Baldwin
- The Magic of Saida by M.G. Vassanji
- Confessions of a Teenage Hermaphrodite by Lianne Simon
- Dear Life by Alice Munro
- Mister Roger and Me by Marie-Renee Lavoie
- Swimming Home by Deborah Levy
- Carnival by Rawi Hage
- Husk by Corey Redekop
- Monsieur by Emma Becker
- Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio
- Buddy, How a Rooster Made Me a Family Man by Brian McGrory
- The Great One: The Complete Wayne Gretzky Collection
- The Starboard Sea by Amber Dermont
- Lost & Found by Tom Winter
- The Deleted World by Tomas Transtromer
- Sugar Zone by Mary Mackey
- Love Calls and Roundelays by WYN
- Tears for Nanertak by Skip Hofstrand
- Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
I’ll be signing up for A FRIENDLY HUG level (11-20 books) and hope to move up in ranking as the year progresses.
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013.
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you’ve read! (On your blog, Amazon or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2012 and earlier! NO 2013 ARCs and 2013 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBR PILE Reading Challenge.
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have its unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking 😉
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway- a box of books.
- You don’t have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – A Sweet Kiss
31-40 – Love At First Sight
41-50 – Married With Children
WRAP-UP POST SCHEDULE:
January 20th: Evie @Bookish (www.evie-bookish.blogspot.com)
February 20th: Rachel @Fiktshun (http://www.fiktshun.com)
March 20th: Justin @Justin’s Book Blog (http://www.justinsbookblog.com/)
April 20th: Tiffany @Escaping.. One Book At A Time (http://escapingonebookatatime.blogspot.com/)
May 20th: Bonnie @Words At Home (www.wordsathome.ca/)
June 20th: Justin @Justin’s Book Blog (http://www.justinsbookblog.com/)
July 20th: Emily @Doodle’s Book Blog (http://doodlesbookblog.blogspot.com/)
August 20th: Tiffany @Escaping One Book At A Time (http://escapingonebookatatime.blogspot.com/)
September 20th: Rachel @Fiktshun (http://www.fiktshun.com)
October 20th: Emily @Doodle’s Book Blog (http://doodlesbookblog.blogspot.com/)
November 20th: Bonnie @Words At Home (www.wordsathome.ca/)
December 20th: This one will be posted on all the blogs. There will also be a huge BOX OF BOOKS giveaway and this time you can link up ALL YOUR TBR Pile REVIEWS you wrote for the entire month!
Make sure to include the button (as shown at the top of this post) somewhere on your blog if you sign up using the linky found here.