By Zara D. Garcia-Alvarez
Welcome to the Spring into Books Hop hosted by eReading on the Cheap and Beck Valley Books. The hop lasts from March 20 – March 31st at 11:59 PM EST. Each blog participating has at least a $10 book related prize.
Spring is that season that drags you out of the cold, the snow, the dark, grey blahs of winter and springs you forward into the newness of things.
It’s a season of rebirth, renewal, and re-growth.
It starts to get a little warmer. You start to feel confident that your winter boots can be put away. You’re relieved that you no longer need to put on a turtleneck, a sweater, a coat, a scarf, gloves, a hat, and boots that otherwise make you look like a Yeti from the North.
Buds of flowers start sprouting up in gardens. Couples start to hold hands again as they go out for a walk. A new fashion line hits the runways with hues that don’t depress you into believing the most fun you’ll end up having is attending your Aunt Mathilda’s funeral.
And people get excited to clean stuff. They move out into their attics, their basements, and their garages, and sort, and throw, and recycle their beloved things that have just sat in boxes for the last three years. They even call it Spring Cleaning and with reason.
Spring is about change.
And so for this Spring into Books Giveaway Hop, I will be offering a brand new, hardcover copy of the book The Virgin Cure and a signed book plate by Ami McKay!
Its main character, Moth, is a young girl who has had to adapt to the unexpected changes in her life and so this book is fitting for this Spring into Books Giveaway Hop!
Aside from thoroughly enjoying the book, I was also privileged to meet Ami McKay in person at the Random House Blog Fest in February. She is as gracious as she is down-to-earth and I would love for you to have this personalized copy of her book!
You can read my review of The Virgin Cure here.
- This giveaway is INTERNATIONAL!
- You must have a valid email and mailing address to qualify. No P.O. Box addresses accepted.
- You must be 15 years old or older to enter.
- You must follow my blog by email to enter (Click on the widget on the right-hand side of my blog) and complete the online form below.
- Only one entry per person, excluding extra-earned entries.
- Winner must respond to notification within 48 hours to claim prize. If winner fails to claim prize, a new winner will be chosen.
- Contest ends Friday, March 31, 2012. 11:59 P.M. EST
Be sure to visit the other blogs on the blog hop. For the list, please visit here.