By Zara D. Garcia-Alvarez
Okay, Valentine’s Day is done. We’ve all been there, done that. But, who’s to say that our capacity to love has diminished?
“Certainly, not I,” says the Big Bad Wolf (okay, so I’m paraphrasing.)
And so, if you’ve overcome the love and angst associated with February and are all ready to dive into March, why not jump full-fledged into…wait for it…no, wait…
HARPER COLLINS OF CANADA
March Break is also coming up, but who wants a break from great books?
Not me—and I’m guessing, not you!
You’d be out of your hat to miss this event. I mean, it’s MADNESS!
And it’s madness about books.
So, all you:
- reading enthusiasts
- book pythons
- word smiths
Pay attention to the 64 book titles that will go head-to-head in a battle for Book Champion!
And all you have to do is vote!
(Dear God, does it get any easier than that?)
“What’s in it for me?” you ask.
Books. Books. And more books!
(I think I’m going to faint from all this excitement!)
Oh, and yes, FUN!
Not sure if you’re up to it? Um…let’s see:
- Are you a book maniac?
- Do you consider the public library and your local bookstore your second home?
- Do you read on your commute to work?
- Do you “oooh” and “ahhh” whenever you see a beautiful cover design?
- Do you anxiously await for publishers’ book catalogues to arrive in your mailbox?
- Are you willing to stand in the rain for two hours to get a book signed by your favourite author?
- Do you have a collection of bookmarks?
- Can you quote favourite passages from books that you’ve read?
- Do you spend huge amounts of money on books to add to your library collection?
- Do you stay up late even if you have to work the next morning just to finish reading?
- Is the post or delivery person your secret best friend because he/she brings you packages of books via courier?
- Do your friends envy your book savvy?
- Does your blood pressure rise from excitement at the sheer possibility of winning a book giveaway?
- Do you write book reviews for a book blog?
- Are you just completely book-nuts????